Re: Code of Conduct?

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:45:23 -0800

On 12/16/2012 02:06 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Alright, alright, alright, I get it.

Sorry, guys. I'll be nicer in the future. No need for a code of conduct.

- Jordi G. H.

No, even though Jordi irritated the crap out of me a while ago, it isn't about Jordi. Jordi is a major contributor and even if he was a constant problem (which he isn't) we could forgive him a lot of sins because he does add significantly to the octave value proposition.

Nobody wants to just come out and say it, but the individual in question joined this list, started out calling everybody on the list names, and has (to my knowledge) not contributed anything of value. The sad thing is that the individual in question is often right about WHAT he would like to see done, but has alienated a lot of people just by being unpleasant and as a result is completely ineffective.

Jordi, the only advice I have (worth exactly what you are paying for it) is that bickering with unpleasant people rubs off in unpleasant ways.

Bob