Re: "cloning subrepo gnulib" fails

From: Stefan Husmann
Subject: Re: "cloning subrepo gnulib" fails
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 09:29:43 +0100

Am 23.12.2012 01:20, schrieb Daniel J Sebald:
Thanks for this info on the web page:

"
This will clone two repositories, one of which is git. If you have trouble with
the git:// url (e.g. due to firewall restrictions), try adding the following to
your ~/.hgrc to use an alternative http:// url:

[subpaths]
git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib = http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git
"

Is this a problem with configuration on the local end?  Or is something to do
with too stringent firewall rules on the server end?  If the latter, gnulib
maintainers should be notified because at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/
they are suggesting:

[gnulib]$ git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnulib.git
Cloning into gnulib...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

Dan

Hello,

seems on server side. I have the same problem, and I know of at least one
person who also has.

Kind regards
Stefan