Re: update: cross compiling Octave for MinGW systems

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: update: cross compiling Octave for MinGW systems
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 06:22:03 -0500

On  4-Jan-2013, Thorsten Liebig wrote:

| graphicsmagick fails to build, you need to copy this patch to
| mxe-octave/src:

https://github.com/mxe/mxe/blob/master/src/graphicsmagick-2-fix-autoconf-version.patch

Oh, I guess that worked for me because I have autoconf 2.69 installed.

| If http://llvm.org wouldn't be down right now, I'm sure octave would build.

LLVM is optional for Octave.  If you want to build without it, you
can edit the src/octave.mk file and remove llvm from the list of
dependencies.

| great work... It's only unfortunate that mxe and mxe-octave are going to
| diverge so heavily in the future...

I originally intended to frequently update and merge changes from
upstream but I slipped on that a bit.  I'll see if I can fix that.

I'd also be happy to try to get my changes merged upstream, but from
what I read in the MXE mailing list, it didn't seem like they would be
interested in changes to enable building shared libraries.