Re: xmltree as octave package?

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: xmltree as octave package?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:22:55 +0000

On 10 January 2013 08:39, Muhali <address@hidden> wrote:
> With only little effort I was able to adapt the xmltree package for use in
> octave. I am sure that it is equally easy to turn it into an octave package
> (it is GPL) as it just requires some experience in packaging. I don't have
> that experience, but I can provide the patches that made it work fo me. See
> also earlier discussions on this list.

Hi Muhali

xmltree is all m files so package this is dead easy. Take a look at
the financial package for an example of this type of package.

Basically, create a directory with the name of the package (xmltree)
and within it, a directory named inst/ and the files DESCRIPTION and
COPYING. Place all the code .m functions inside the inst/ directory
(including the @xmltree directory with its contents). That's it. But I
think it may be better to have this as part of the io package which
already has a bunch of functions to deal with XML files.

Also, as it was already suggested, it's a good idea to share any
changes you made with the original author. This will make it much
easier to exchange fixes and updates later on. Also, I'm sure he'd
love to know others are interested on his work.

Carnë