Re: 3.6.2: GUI updates in Windows? GUI pager bug.

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: 3.6.2: GUI updates in Windows? GUI pager bug.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 07:07:30 -0500

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Gerhard Lemmer <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks Andy. I get the message printed by 'printf("running .octaverc\n")' and now I don't need to press <Space> before closing any more. Furthermore, I wasn't able to close the GUI in any way other than executing "exit", now I can close it the same way as any Windows App. I guess it's a definite improvement. Below is my .octaverc file in case it can be improved even more:

##Some comments...
more off

printf("running .octaverc\n")
pkg load image #I've installed the image package during the installation of Octave itself.
more on

PS. I'd still like to know how to update the GUI.

If you mean getting a newer version of the GUI, either you wait for the next binary version of octave, or you recompile yourself. I suggest the first option. Note however that the GUI will really be part of a stable release only in 3.8.x.

Michael.