Re: errors in econometrics package due to using deprecated functions

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: errors in econometrics package due to using deprecated functions
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 17:54:27 +0000

On 5 February 2013 14:47, Jose <address@hidden> wrote:
> which in short mentions some problems in the econometrics package due to
> usage of deprecated functions. Cranė mentions that all those problems were
> fixed in the development version.

Development version means not released, you have to get the code from
the repository.

> I have just installed the package using pkg -forge. It claims to have
> installed version 1.0.8, but I have found still problems with str2mat and
> other deprecated functions.
>
> I have also downloaded a copy from the trunk
> (http://svn.code.sf.net/p/octave/code/trunk/octave-forge/main/econometrics)
> and definitely the files differ, although the versions are the same (1.0.8).

If you are looking at the repository, the version in the DESCRIPTION
means nothing. It's the version of the last release. It's updated when
a release is made.

> So I guess that something went wrong with the release?

No. There was just no release because the package has no maintainer.
Are you interested in making one?

Carnë