Fwd: Re: Octave GUI

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: Fwd: Re: Octave GUI
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 20:26:46 +0100

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Octave GUI
Datum: 22.02.2013 20:26
Absender: Jacob Dawid <address@hidden>
Empfänger: "Kandlikar, Richa" <address@hidden>

Am 22.02.2013 20:11, schrieb Kandlikar, Richa:
 I found for GNU Octave, GUI development is going on within GSoC.
Will this be an alternative for qtOctave? Also when it will be released?

Hello Richa,

the developed GUI has floated back into the Octave development sources, but there is no name distinguishation between "Octave" and "Octave GUI" - GNU Octave simpley has a GUI now. You can run it already and there might be different opinions on what stable means. For example, I have already used the GUI for my BA thesis and it served me well.

QtOctave has been abandoned, but even the current GUI uses some code from QtOctave, although parts of it have already been removed and replaceed again during development.

Happy hacking,
Jacob

--
----

"Wer für alles offen ist, kann nicht ganz dicht sein."