Re: New parser and command line functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: New parser and command line functions
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 02:08:28 -0400

On 03/15/2013 06:54 PM, Rik wrote:
On 03/15/2013 03:08 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
Thanks for the info.  I think I see what the problem is now.

Are you settings graphics_toolkit to fltk?
Yup.  I use .octaverc to switch to the fltk toolkit immediately.
Or doing something else that installs a readline event hook callback
function?  I see the crash if I set graphics_toolkit to fltk, but not
otherwise.

Anyway, the the parser and lexer currently keep track of the local
function scope when parsing by setting the current symbol table scope,
which is global information.  Then if another parser is started (say for
an eval, or parsing any other function as could happen when a callback
function is evaluated for the fist time) the global scope info is reset.
  If that happens while anther parser is active and in the middle of
parsing a function, then a crash like you are seeing can happen.  Oops.
  The fix is to store the scope used for parsing in the parser or lexer
class.  I'll try to take care of that soon.

Good, finally this starts to make some sense.

I checked in the following changeset:

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/09f0cb9cac7d

I don't see the crash now and "make check" results are the same. Does it fix the problem for you?