Re: Some issues with recent GUI version

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Some issues with recent GUI version
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Thorsten Liebig wrote

>>> Gah. OK, I'll try to track this down.
>>
>> It works for me with the latest version I built for Windows, but not with
>> the current sources when I build for GNU/Linux.  Has it ever worked?  Can
>> someone point to an hg ID where it was working?
>>
>> jwe
>>

> I filed a bug-report for this issue 6 month ago and mentioned it in the
> mailing list...
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=37672

Sorry I didn't find it - I didn't scroll back far enough I suppose. (I
assumed this would have been fixed a long time ago)
IIRC there was a thread some months ago about Ctrl-C not working properly.

> I tried to fix it, but I just have no idea how ;)
>
> We must make sure that Ctrl+C still is copy in the editor etc and only
> interrupts if the command window has the focus...

...*and* is executing some commands.

When Octave is idle I would like Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V and Ctrl-X to work as a
simple Copy/Paste/Cut in/from the terminal window.
I try to avoid using the mouse for things I can do easier and faster with
the keyboard.

Philip