Re: MOC and config.h?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MOC and config.h?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:37:57 -0400

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/28/2013 12:03 AM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
I know the problem already occurred previously. As MOC files do not
include config.h, compilation problems can occur because of undefined
CPP macros. What was the recommended way to work around the problem again?

For reference, the problem I have is that I had to decorate octave_link
class with OCTINTERP_API, but this makes MOC files from main-window.h
and octave-qt-link.h to fail to compile.

We've just been avoiding the problem.

Yes, I remembered that, there wasn't an actual "solution". One possible way to avoid the issue (I think I mentioned it in a mail) is to #include the MOC file at the end of the C++ file, instead of compiling it as a separate file. That used to be one way to handle MOC files back in the old Qt days (that is, Qt-1.x about 13 years ago).

Does the following change work for you?

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/02a90cb9d79f

Yes, it appears to avoid the issue for me. Thanks.

Michael.