Re: Terminal input in the GUI vs. Qt keyboard shortcuts

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Terminal input in the GUI vs. Qt keyboard shortcuts
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 19:13:47 -0500

On 05/15/2013 06:56 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
[snip]
This discussion:

http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/2223

seems to do just that, but it looks like it only applies to the window.
That is, one could put similar code inside terminal-dock-widget.h but
then Cntrl-C (for example) would only be redirected when it is typed
inside the terminal window. I don't have any problem with that for a start.

All of the windows appear to have a base class of octave_dock_widget so there might be an opportunity to put short cut handling there to make things more global rather than just handled in terminal_dock_widget. (I'd start out placing the code in terminal-dock-widget.h, though, and check that in if it works reasonably. Then move the code one class back and give that a try.)

Dan