[Octave] Mesh

From: c.
Subject: [Octave] Mesh
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 14:12:24 +0200

On 1 Jun 2013, at 12:18, address@hidden wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 00:00:19 +0200
> From: Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden>
> To: Marco Vassallo <address@hidden>,  Octave Dev
>       <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Octave] Mesh
>
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:
>> They seems to be quite interested about our works and available to give us
>> some advice
>> if necessary.
>
> Very well! Make sure you get things running first, though.
>
> I do not know if you can talk of a "Octave mesh", I think the msh
> package was standing on the pde toolbox. But again, C. can say more.

Marco,

JPi is right, the mesh format used by Octave was intended to be compatible
with Matlab's pde toolbox.

The pde toolbox in Matlab is 2D only and unmantained since Comsol started
shipping
a separate product independent of Matlab.

I never used Comsol multiphysics myself, so I'm not sure the present mesh
format
is compatible with it but I suspect they kept that format as well.

c.