Re: Gui editor settings on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Gui editor settings on MacOS X
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:28:33 +0800

On Jun 9, 2013, at 10:04 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2013, at 12:13 AM, Torsten wrote:
>
>> On 08.06.2013 17:09, Ben Abbott wrote:
>>> There are some dialog problems.  See the attached png.  Meanwhile, the
>>> "Editor Styles" look great.  I suspect there is an easy fix.
>>>
>>> Ben
>>
>> I will have a look at it.
>>
>> Torsten
>
> I took a quick look using Qt Designer.  It appears that MacOS X is an outlier
> as compared to other platforms.  I tried to adjust the vertical sizes of
> "editor_grid_current_line", but being a newbie, I wasn't successful.  If you
> can give me a tip on how to adjust such things I can help maintain the layout
> on MacOS X.
>
> Ben

I figured it out.  I hadn't noticed the vertical_layout_9 object earlier.  The
trick is to modify its layoutSpacing from -1 to +4.  The resulting dialog is
attached (an "hg diff") as well.  The horizontal spacing is a bit tight for the
complied result, but the preview in Qt Designer looks great.  So, my impression
is that there is  Qt bug (at least for the version I'm running).

I'm happy to push a changeset, but thought is appropriate to check with you
before doing that.

Ben

PNG image