Re: GSoC Plan for Agora

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: GSoC Plan for Agora
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:24:01 +0100

On 21 June 2013 20:12, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
> Let us think about the tasks you proposed:
>
>     1. Development of a discussion forum where people post their
>        problems and can get help from the community.

I don't think that a discussion forum is important at all. Agora is
supposed to be a platform for sharing code, something like CPAN, not
to request help. A comment box for each entry (youtube style) should
be enough. To find help we already have the mailing list, and for
those who prefer to interact it "forum style" there's nabble.

>     2. Development of a section to help creation of documentation of
>        the Octave.

Don't bother. There's the wiki and the manual for that. The only thing
I see about documentation is that when packages and snippets are
uploaded they will have the documentation in the source. Possibly in
TexInfo. It would be nice to display it properly formatted.

>     3. Improvements to current bundle system handling and a whole
>        section of example code.

This is what Agora is supposed to do. Please do this first.

>     4. A tutorial section.

No. Don't do this. There's a manual and a wiki.

>     5. Merging of FAQs and general help into the Agora system.

Don't do this.

Carnë