Re: 2 questions about MXE

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: 2 questions about MXE
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:39:31 -0400

On 24 June 2013 13:53, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
> 1) Is there a reason not to enable SSE2 support when compiling FFTW, except
> to support old CPU's?

Old CPUs are a valid concern. I noticed that when ATLAS was compiled
with the most basic SSE support in Debian, we would get semiregular
bug reports about people using Octave from Debian repo and getting
immediate crashes.

Have the FFTW devs implemented a runtime option to check for CPU type?
They probably would prefer if every user of FFTW also compiled it
themselves.

Since I'm CC'ing the FFTW list, let me give some more context here:
we're trying to distribute Windows binaries, including all Octave
dependencies. What's the right way to proceed wrt FFTW?

- Jordi G. H.