Re: Google Hangout for OctConf 2013?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Google Hangout for OctConf 2013?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 00:28:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 25, 2013, at 11:38 AM, "c." <address@hidden> wrote:

On 25 Jun 2013, at 17:07, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On 24 June 2013 01:08, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Any chance a Google hangout can be setup to allow remote viewing of the
>>> presentations?
>>
>> You won't see me supporting any initiative that puts even more
>> information about our activities into the hands of the NSA.
>>
>> I don't know offhand what teleconferencing alternatives exist.
>>
>> - Jordi G. H.
>
> Jordi anyways you aren't here! :D

Yes, Jordi, we miss you! we even had a remote talk using … ehr … skype :(
I'm sure you would have never allowed that if you were here!
c.

I'd love to join in via a Hangout.

Ben

p.s. Jordi, I'm very unhappy about the NSA spying (particularly its secrecy, and the apparent insensitivity to the rule of law), but don't think is relevant in our activities.  Everything we do is available to anyone. So while I object to PRISM in principle, the suggestion that we boycott all modern communication systems does not appear to be an effective means to protest (to me).  For Octave related activities, I think life goes on as usual.