Re: Addition of ITSOL to MXE.

From: c.
Subject: Re: Addition of ITSOL to MXE.
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 06:12:49 +0200

On 29 Jun 2013, at 01:24, Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:

> I like your package. The resulting shared and static libraries from your
> modified ITSOL seem to be working for Ubuntu, too. I replaced my system
> libraries with those from ".libs" without noticing any changes in using
> ITSOL. Would you recommend me to use your ITSOL-package in general or do you
> have any Cygwin specific options in it? I didn't make use of "make install".
> According to your mail, it doesn't copy the files to my FS as the old debian
> packages did. Can you modify this setting?
>
> Kai

Marco, Kai,

We don't want to be maintaining a separate version of the
ITSOL distribution, so, before going too far in patching ITSOL
I think it is worth discussing your changes with the upstream
maintainers so that they are aware of what is going on and can
consider making the changes in their package directly.

Ruipeng,

It seems that the ITSOL bulding and linking process needs to
be changed a little bit to improve portability, in particular
(but not only) to windows systems. Would you mind considering
to include those changes in your distribution of ITSOL?

c.