Re: need a test in matlab to implement imformats in Octave

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: need a test in matlab to implement imformats in Octave
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 15:50:57 +0100

On 5 July 2013 08:22, PhilipNienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Carnë Draug-4 wrote
>> Hi
>>
>> could someone with matlab run a test for me in. I'm trying to
>> understand how the image IO functions work after messing up with
>> imformats. The test is the following:
>>
> This contains quite a bit of invalid ML syntax. [...]

Sorry. I always get caught in Octave's incompatibility bugs. It's not
like Octave changes that fast, Mathworks should have already fixed
this by now :p

> Error using testreadjpg
> Too many output arguments.
>
> Error in imread (line 415)
>     [X, map] = feval(fmt_s.read, filename, extraArgs{:});
>

> ... so I think testreadjpg.m contains additional errors. It doesn't even get
> called as there's no 'im initialized' message.

Could you please try again and define testreadjpg as

function [out, m] = testreadjpg (filename)
  persistent im;
  if (isempty (im)); im = 1; fprintf ('im initialized\n'); end
  disp (im)
  if (im > 3), error ('stuck in a loop\n'); end
  im = im + 1;
  [out, m] = imread (filename);
end

>From their documentation, the test should either print 1, 2, 3 and
then give an error, or return the image. Unless, there's another
interpretation that I'm missing :(

Thank you,
Carnë