Re: Release Plans

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 22:39:41 +0200

On 08.07.2013 20:12, Torsten wrote:
> On 08.07.2013 19:55, John W. Eaton wrote:
>>>
>>> Concerning the conflict between the terminal's readline function and the
>>> shortcuts I have created a patch for testing at
>>>
>>> https://bitbucket.org/ttl/octave-ttl/commits/a30b2ccab8f5f2c0c7bd24a784eb16292b8a4b35
>>>

>>> The focusIn- and focusOutEvent functions are used to emit a signal for
>>> setting and resetting the global shortcuts of the main window. For
>>> testing this the Ctrl-O and Ctrl-N shortcuts for opening an existing or
>>> new file are added to the main window's menu. Ctrl-O creates a new line
>>> in the terminal if focused and opens a file dialog otherwise.
>>
>> I'm not sure this patch is working for me on my Debian system.  What
>> system are you using for testing?  Even without it, C-n and C-o seem to
>> work as I expect.  But C-p doesn't do anything, with or without the patch.
>>

> I have tested on ubuntu. Do you mean as expected concerning readline or
> new/open file?
>
> C-n and C-o are working for readline without the patch because they are
> not used as shortcuts at the moment (e.g. C-o was removed by cset
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/b04413e5a811). With the
> patch both ahould work for readline and as shortcut.
> C-p is used by the editor and also has to be disabled if the terminal
> has the focus. This is not included in the patch where only C-n and C-o
> are en-/disabled for testing the mechanism in principle.

I have updated the patch at

https://bitbucket.org/ttl/octave-ttl/commits/65abeb13f72691bebe661776cded063456fccf17/

for further testing. C-p should work now as readline command in the
terminal and as shortcut in the editor. Of course other shortcuts would
have to be added if we decide to use this mechanism.

Torsten