Re: JIT threshold

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: JIT threshold
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 21:49:15 -0400

On 07/09/2013 08:50 PM, Rik wrote:
I liked a suggestion you made about making the threshold for JIT
acceleration customizable so I added a new function called jit_startcnt to
Octave
(http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e6ddaa65a777?revcount=120).
Eventually if we collect enough parameters we can have a jit_options
function.  For the time being, it was much easier to just have a single
variable with a getter/setter routine.  The startcnt is the minimum number
of loop iterations required before JIT acceleration takes place.  I left
the default at the current value of 1000.

Cheers,
Rik
Thanks!  This will be useful for debugging and for performance analysis.
As soon as JIT learns to deal with llvm 3.3 I will use it. (Max said he will work
on this soon.)

Michael