Re: Re: Updating MXE to llvm-3.1

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Re: Updating MXE to llvm-3.1
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:07:48 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Stefan Mahr <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael D. Godfrey wrote:
> Have you been following the maintainers llvm/jit thread?  Octave devel
> currently supports
> llvm 3.1.and 3.2.

AFAIK it supports LLVM 3.0 and 3.1. There's a patch for 3.2 in bug tracker, but it's not applied yet.

Michael Goffioul wrote:
> If it breaks horribly for everyone, we can consider downgrading, but if not, it makes my life easier.

[build]    llvm

Failed to build package llvm!
  llvm-build: error: invalid target to enable: '' (not in project)

It seems the ';' in -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD="X86;" is causing the problem. This also should only happen when cross-compiling.

This should fix the problem:

http://hg.octave.org/mxe-octave/rev/0d23e586d872

Michael.