Re: ITSOL interface

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: ITSOL interface
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:07:08 +0200

On 21 July 2013 15:48, Nir Krakauer <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kai,

I saw your blog post about interfacing with ZITSOL.

I think that we should leave the ILUTP implementation until after the
midterm, and for the midterm objectives focus on:

1) implementation of ILUK and ILUC for real and complex sparse matrices

2) ILU wrapper to ILUK and ILUC as in Matlab, with a placeholder for
ILUTP (something like warning('implementation with pivoting not
implemented/tested yet') )

3) wrapper should include tests of all implemented ILU capabilities

Let me know if this seems agreeable.

Nir

Hi Nir,

yes, I agree to your plan. ILUK and ILUT work for real and complex input matrices.

Only the implementation of ILUC for the complex case (part of ZITSOL) has been removed for unknown reasons. Should I add this method to ZITSOL via an patch as a workaround for the moment? Basically, the difference between real and complex versions of the solvers is the data type (double vs. complex double).

About ILUTP I still have no clue in neither version how to use it correctly. Thus I spend the last week with completing the documentation, testing and improving and tiding up the code.

I will announce a stand-alone sample version for the preconditioners in my blog soon.

Kai