converting the sockets and instrument-control packages to mercurial

From: Paul Dreik
Subject: converting the sockets and instrument-control packages to mercurial
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:32:58 +0200

Hi,
sorry for being late to the discussion but I cancelled the subscription
after the mailing list merge (too much mail...).

I think the two packages definitely should stay separate packages. That
is what the dependency line in the package description is for, right? I
think the unix idea of keeping tools small really applies to the socket
package - let's keep it providing sockets and nothing else.

Joining the two packages in the same repository is another question. I
do not see the advantage at all in joining from the sockets perspective.
The connection is one-way, sockets is a standalone package. Therefore, I
propose not to join the two packages in the same repository.

Paul Dreik
(the sockets package maintainer)