Re: Audiorecorder/Player segfault

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: Re: Audiorecorder/Player segfault
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:33:14 +0200

2013/7/26 Mike Miller <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 15:15:47 +0300, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> The problem with playblocking should be fixed now.

Works for me. Here's another bug with pause and both player and recorder:

octave:46> play (player);
octave:47> pause (player);
octave:48> play (player);
error: audioplayer: Error stoping audio playback stream
error: called from:
error:   /home/mike/src/octave/octave-sound/@audioplayer/play.m at
line 14, column 3
[...]
octave:61> record (recorder);
octave:62> pause (recorder);
octave:63> record (recorder);
error: audiorecorder: Error stoping audio recording stream
error: called from:
error:   /home/mike/src/octave/octave-sound/@audiorecorder/record.m at
line 12, column 3

Should play/record from the paused state be treated like a resume?

I also notice that calling record/stop/record appends to the buffer.
Do you know if Matlab appends or overwrites the buffer in this case?

--
mike

The segfault seems to be due to audiorecorder:

octave:1> recorder = audiorecorder ();
octave:2> recordblocking (recorder, 6);
octave:3> quit

panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault: 11

Octave consistently shows the segmentation fault after exit command (if not before, during play ) on my mac os install.

Pantxo