classdef problems

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: classdef problems
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:26:12 +0100

I'm using 498b2dd1bd56 (classdef).

I get many many warnings such as the following when I have a certain set of directories on my path, and they happen with every command:

warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory: No such file or directory warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory/Slope: No such file or directory warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory/Properties_Of_Sections: No such file or directory warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory/Deflections: No such file or directory warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory/Moments: No such file or directory warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/structural/tb-roark_stress_and_strain/beam_theory/Generic: No such file or directory
warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/financial: No such file or directory
warning: load_path: ./renewnet-foundry/financial/matlab-octave: No such file or directory

I haven't tested these with default, more worryingly, I'm getting bizzarre behaviour with some other functions such as ls, for example see the folllowing seesion:

GNU Octave, version 3.7.5
Copyright (C) 2013 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.

octave-cli:1> addpath (genpath('.'))
warning: function ./<snip>/tb-multicore/gethostname.m shadows a built-in function
warning: function ./<snip>/+oandm/system.m shadows a built-in function
warning: function ./<snip>c/+oandm/system.m shadows a built-in function
octave-cli:2> ls
class: system
superclass: handle
method block
constructor: system
method: evaluate
method: addcomponent
method: service
method: plotmaintenancescatter
method: plotrevenuescatter
method: plotnetrevenuescatter
property block
property attribute: SetAccess = protected
property attribute: GetAccess = public
property: Components
property default:
property: NReplicates
property: MaintenanceCosts
property: ComponentMaintenanceCosts
property: Revenue
property: NetRevenue
property: IntervalRevenue
property: ServiceInterval
property: InspectionInterval
property: ServiceFixedCost
property: ServiceIntervalRate
property: ServiceDurationParams
constructor
error: zeros: invalid data type specified
error: called from:
error:   /<snip>/+oandm/system.m at line 57, column 35
deleting system object (handle)
error: /usr/local/share/octave/3.7.5/m/miscellaneous/ls.m at line 69, column 20

As you can see I haven't created any system objects in the session, so I don't understand the messages about them at the start. They are in a package (+directoryname) changing this to remove the '+' results in the same issue though. The paths I add contain normal functions, .mat files, and old-style classes.

when I quit I get:

deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.method object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.property object (handle)
deleting meta.class object (handle)

This is all using octave-cli

If I remove the directory containing the classdef classes all the described problems go away.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.