Re: push created new head

From: c.
Subject: Re: push created new head
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:40:41 +0200

On 16 Sep 2013, at 16:27, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 15:10 +0200, c. wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just pushed this changeset:
>>
>>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/7ad3b9ca66f5
>>
>> does anyone have any idea why this resulted in a new head?
>
> I don't understand how you did this. "hg push" by default should
> refuse to create new heads. Are you by any chance doing "hg push -f" ?

not that I know, at least I did not add the "-f" option on the command line...
is there any way that default behaviour could have been overwritten by some
local setting?

> At any rate, this is not a big deal, and I've merged away the extra
> head:
>
>    http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/graph/0b93af1023f6

thanks for fixing it, yet I'm still curious about what happened ...
what I did exactly was the following:

hg pull -u
<make the change>
hg commit --user "Marco Caliari <address@hidden>" bicgstab.m