Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: MXE Octave: "... has no symbols" warning under Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:26:54 -0400

On Sep 23, 2013, at 4:54 AM, c. wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2013, at 10:31, Anirudha Bose <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I was proposing that the prefix for MacPorts installation could be the
>> HOST_LIBDIR of MXE, so that these libraries can be included in the app
>> bundle. In this way it might be possible to eliminate need for MacPorts from
>> the target, if not from the host.
>
> I think Ben had been trying to do this in the past, but I don't remember
> whether he managed to make it work ...
> Ben, did you?
>
> c.

I've just begun working with MXE (not yet working for me).  However, I think it
should be possible to eliminate MacPorts from the target.  (1) We'll need to
manage a Ghostscript build using MXE. (2) Use the gfortran from AT&T Research.
(2) Use Macports for build dependencies, but the run-time dependencies should
be clean of MacPorts (unless I've missed something?)

Ben