I want to give you money but it can't be called a donation

From: fgnievinski
Subject: I want to give you money but it can't be called a donation
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 15:26:53 -0700 (PDT)

just burn a cd, box it, and ship it.
no need to offer anything new just promise me you'll answer to my support
inquiries within two business days.
xoctave is such a brilliant idea except I suspect it doesn't contribute a
fair share to maintain octave.
they put the cherry on top of the pie but end-users don't know the revenues
aren't split proportionally.
now with the GUI coming around the corner, time is ripe to straighten this
out.
you know, at the end of a fiscal year many organizations have unused funds
which they lose if left unspent.
also keep in mind consumers are impulsive, they buy software to boost their
confidence they can accomplish a given project but then leave the box
unopened for months.
just some thoughts for low-hanging fruits in terms of funding for such a
nice project.
long life and prosper, octave!
some links:
<http://planet.octave.org/octconf2012/status.pdf> #Funding Models