Re: missing icons

From: c.
Subject: Re: missing icons
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 11:33:31 +0200

On 5 Oct 2013, at 01:34, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2013, at 4:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>> There seem to be many missing icons in the GUI.  Can someone help me
>> understand how Qt icons are supposed to work?  For example, in the
>> terminal_dock_widget constructor in
>> libgui/src/terminal-dock-widget.cc, we currently have
>>
>>  setWindowIcon (QIcon(":/actions/icons/logo.png"));
>>
>> I think this is supposed to refer to the Octave logo.png file in
>> libgnu/src/icons/logo.png, but the terminal dock widget doesn't
>> display any icon for the window icon position on my system.
>>
>> Similarly, the code that sets up the context menu that is defined for
>> the terminal window in QTerminal.h appears to add icons to the menu
>> but those are also not showing up on my system.
>>
>> Is it just me, or is this not working properly for others as well?
>>
>> What does /actions/ mean in the name that is passed to QIcon?
>>
>> jwe
>
> I don't understand how the icons work, but on MacOSX all the application's
> icons work for me, but the icon on the dock looks to be defaulting to a shell
> script icon.  I've attached a png.
>
> Ben

According to this page:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/appicon.html

application icons must be treated by a "platform-dependent technique"
to have them show correctly on OSX.

That page is for Qt 4.8 which is what I have:

port list installed and qt*
qt4-mac                        @4.8.5          aqua/qt4-mac

I can't find a similar page for Qt 5 ...

c.