Re: Aw: GUi won't start

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Aw: GUi won't start
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 22:58:56 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 10/11/2013 04:13 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 10/11/2013 03:54 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

Looks like getting qt-webkit in MXE is extremely easy: just deleting the
line

-no-webkit \

from file

<mxe-octave-dir>/src/qt.mk

gets QtWebKit4.dll built. In the mxe log for octave I see that the GUI
will be (cross-) built now.

OK, that's good to know. But I'm still not sure whether it is really
best to use a full web browser to display the community news text. For
our purposes, using a simple text object like QLabel will probably be
just as good and not add more unnecessary bloat.

Or, probably better, QTextBrowser. My current idea is attached.

(Our thread posts cross each other)

OK, I'll see if I can try it out this weekend (originally I planned to fix the Dutch nl_NL.ts translation :-) ). If it works, should QtWebKit be removed from configure.ac ? (I don't see that in the patch).

Oh it works for Ben, well I suppose it's OK then.

Philip