Re: Binary packages for 3.8

From: c.
Subject: Re: Binary packages for 3.8
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 19:24:25 +0200

Hi Ben,

In order to try building an Octave bndle via macports I installed a separate
instance
of macports on my mac building it from source in order to be able to set a
prefix other
than /opt/local.

I'm using the attached Portfile which is a slightly modified version of the one
you sent.

I am experiencing a strange problem, i.e., while using the macports installed
in /opt/local
Octave works OK while, if I switch to the other instance, the build completes
but the resulting
binary crashes when plotting with the fltk/opengl backend.

This only happens in the gui version while octave-cli plots fine with fltk.

If I switch to gnuplot backend plot semms to work.

Have you ever noticed this behaviour with Octave in macports?

I suspect this might be due to some dependencies being newer in one of the two
macports trees,
but I don't know wich ones to look at as fltk, qt4-mac and qscintilla are the
same version.

Any suggestions?

c.