Re: Unidentified developer

From: c.
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:36:52 +0100

On 11 Nov 2013, at 20:06, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2. After fixing that, re-running portindex, and then "sudo port install
> octave-local", I get a long string of dependencies, ending in this:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for llvm-3.0
> --->  Fetching distfiles for llvm-3.0

this is very surprising, as octave local requires llvm-3.3 and not llvm-3.0.
you may try the following:

  sudo port uninstall -c llvm-3.0
  sudo port install llvm-3.3

In the meanwhile I managed to upgrade to Mavericks myself and I found out that
in order for octave-local to work you have to also do

  sudo port install  GraphicsMagick +q32 configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.7

or building octave-local will fail.
also I noticed this bug:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40545

which will cause a freeze when you try to open the preferences dialog.

c.