Re: Octave Community News centering and content

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave Community News centering and content
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 01:20:39 -0500

On 11/18/2013 12:43 AM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Is there any artistic sort who might want to give a try for a background
to the community news window to give it a little pizazz?  The image
might be alpha shaded, or set to the bottom or top of the text.  Maybe a
newspaper, or perhaps two silhouettes of two heads talking back and
forth with plot, formula, or matrix "speak balloons"?

Do you mean to build that into the widget that displays the news?

We are currently using the QTextBrowser widget to show the news.  It
is fairly limited, so I doubt that we could use HTML or css tricks to
get the sort of background you are describing.  And I'd rather not add
webkit as a dependency.