Phrases missing and mismatched phrases in translation files

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Phrases missing and mismatched phrases in translation files
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:04:50 -0800 (PST)

When using the Dutch translation with yesterday's build I saw that there are
quite a few English phrases that are not translated; even though I have
reminiscences that I added those translations.

So I downloaded nl_NL.ts from Savannah and searched for the exact
(not-translated) English phrases I see in the Octave GUI- but they weren't
there (according to Notepad++'s search facility). Same for e.g., e_DE.ts.

Some examples from the Preferences | editor tab:

- "Show whitespace" (hmm I see that it is spelled "white space" in nl_NL.ts
and de_DE.ts)

- # of characters typed before completion list displayed (word "completion"
nowhere to be found)

- "Create nonexistent files without prompting" (spelled "non existing" in
nl_NL.ts and de_DE.ts)

What happened to those language files? How can they be fixed w/o completely
re-translating them?

Philip