Re: exponent format with fltk

From: Rik
Subject: Re: exponent format with fltk
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:00:25 -0800

On 12/09/2013 09:38 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:38:17 -0600
> From: "Dmitri A. Sergatskov" <address@hidden>
> To: Octave Maintainers <address@hidden>
> Subject: (RC1) exp format with fltk
>
> I noticed that when I do "loglog" or "semilog" plots with fltk I get
> "1e+001" type of labels. Gnuplot shows proper superscripts.
>
> I am not sure what matlab does, but most journals I"ve been publishing in
> require superscripts...
>
> (loglog(1:1000) examples attached)
>
> Dmitri.
Dmitri,

You might as well file a bug report about this.  The issue is known.
Markup like '^' for superscripts is accepted when the interpreter is
switched to 'tex', but this still only applies to axis labels (xlabel,
ylabel, zlabel), titles, and text objects.  It does not yet apply to axis
properties such as xticklabel or yticklabel.  And even where it does apply,
it is only for on-screen display.  They system eventually needs to be
extended to printing and saving plots as well.

--Rik