Re: Is the 3.8 "release ” official?

From: c.
Subject: Re: Is the 3.8 "release ” official?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 23:08:04 +0100

On 30 Dec 2013, at 22:08, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> I agree, it would have been better to make an announcement about
> availability of both source and binary 3.8.0 releases, but the source
> release is effectively out there now, announcement or not. IMHO the
> source release should not have been tagged or uploaded if the plan was
> to be able to announce binaries that are not yet ready with this
> release. Without an announcement, it just looks like someone forgot due
> to the holidays.

As for the OSX binaries there was also a sort of parallel deadlock problem
due to a lack of coordination.

As usually  in the past a source release was done before the downstream
packagers
would start preparing binaries, I was waiting for the official 3.8.0 release
before
preparing the binaries, waiting for the binaries before the release could have
caused an infinite stall ...

c.