Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: GraphicsMagick linkage error on Mac OS X 10.9
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:25:43 -0700

On Jan 11, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Pantxo <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have the exact same issue. I think it may be related to the stdlib against
>> which graphicsmagick is linked as explained in this thread [1].  Using fink
>> for dependencies I can see that libc++ is used instead of libstdc++:
>> $otool -L otool -L /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib
>> /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib:
>>      /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0,
>> current version 10.2.0)
>>      /sw/lib/libGraphicsMagick-Q32.3.dylib (compatibility version 15.0.0,
>> current version 15.0.0)
>>      /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
>> 1197.1.1)
>>      /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
>> 120.0.0)
>>
>> If "otool -L" gives you the same result, could you try as suggested in the
>> thread, to recompile GraphicsMagick using -stdlib=libstdc++ flag.
>>

> Thanks for the quick response.  I can't find a
> 'libGraphicsMagick++-Q32.3.dylib' file anywhere on my system (and I don't
> have a /sw directory), so I just assumed your suggestion was correct.  Now my
> problem is in implementing it.
>
> In the GraphicsMagick build tree I added --with-stdlib=libstdc++ flag to the
> other configuration options and rebuilt GraphicsMagick. Then, when I tried
> the same thing building Octave, I got the same linkage errors as before.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I just did this:

  sudo port uninstall GraphicsMagick

and learned that I have three versions installed: 1.3.18_0+q32, 1.3.18_0_q8,
and 1.3.19_0+q32 (active).  Could that have anything to do with what I'm
experiencing?

--
Daryl Lee
Amateurs train until they get it right; professionals train until they can't