Re: OctConf 2014?

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: OctConf 2014?
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 23:38:07 +0100

Am 09.01.2014 00:01, schrieb Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso:

> Does anyone else offer to
> host it anywhere else? We could do Europe again, if someone wants to
> host and we have a strong Europe presence. Germany seems to have a lot
> of recent Octave activity, for example.

I want to offer hosting in Offenburg, Germany
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/48.45789/7.94246 at the University
of Applied Sciences https://www.hs-offenburg.de/en/

The time between 28.7. and 26.9. would be convenient due to semester break.

Offenburg is a town with 58k residents and comparatively cheap
accommodation. The bigger towns worth seeing are
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strasbourg and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freiburg. The largest theme park in
Germany https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europapark is just 30min away but
I think a visit would take at least one day.

One drawback is that the university canteen is closed during semester
break and we have to order some external catering or we take a little
snack for lunch and a bigger meal in the evening.

-- Andy