Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: very small packages - merge into general/miscelleneous or move into core
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:09:00 +0100

On 22/01/2014 13:55, Thomas Weber wrote:
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 04:19:07PM +0100, Carlo de Falco wrote:
Il 17/gen/2014 15:58 "Thomas Weber" <address@hidden> ha scritto:

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 03:10:36PM +0100, c. wrote:
Honestly, it does not happen often that universal physical
constants change their values.

I looked at the physical_constants package back in 2011 - the first two
constants I looked at had changed values. That was enough for me to kick
the package from Debian.

         Thomas

What were the constants and what was the change in their value?

One was Avogadro, the other I don't remember. The change in value I do
not remember - it doesn't matter however. I am not an expert in whatever
domain the constants are used, so I assume that every change might be
important to someone working in a specific domain.
My thinking was more like: does it make a difference if we continue with
the old package - and yes, it did. So out it went.

        Thomas

for details on last change:

http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/pdf/RevModPhysCODATA2010.pdf

The NIST database will be updated every 4 years