Re: Contribution to Octave as a PM

From: Richard
Subject: Re: Contribution to Octave as a PM
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:00:04 +0000

On 03/02/2014 22:14, Julien Hamilton wrote:
Dear Octave Contributors,

<snip>

I would be happy if you guys think that my profile can contribute to the
success of Octave.

Best Regards,

Julien Hamilton

Someone organising the main octave website, including possibly a redesign of it (don't get me wrong, it's ok, but not a patch on the slick efforts of, for example, SciLab, or http://www.python.org/) would in my option be a major aid to Octave.

Similarly someone managing releases, and ensuring all information was being updated everywhere simultaneously on a release, and perhaps organising promotion of the release, would in my opinion help the project. It would also free up some core developer time from these important but non-coding tasks.

Just my two cents,
Richard Crozier

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.