Re: Updating our project ideas

From: Andrej Lojdl
Subject: Re: Updating our project ideas
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 10:15:53 +0100

3.3.4 TeX/LaTeX support

Octave has initial support for TeX interpreter in labels and text objects, for on-screen display. Full LaTeX support was the topic of a GSoC project last year, and got to a point similar to the TeX interpreter (that is, on-screen display). There is no support for printing for any of those 2 interpreters, and AFAIK the LaTeX interpreter has never been integrated into octave.

The LaTeX interpreter need to be tested (on Windows and Mac) and probably modified to work on this platforms. I didn't manage to set up the MinGW installation on my Win7 and thus failed to test and modify it. We have the grading period, so there is some amount of time that I can devote to do this problem.

--
Andrej Lojdl