Re: lost revenue

From: fgnievinski
Subject: Re: lost revenue
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:03:00 -0800 (PST)

Pascal Dupuis-3 wrote
> Why not reply them seriously ? Why not proprose some kind of
> distribution clause where specific development made for them would be
> released publicly into Octave six month after being delivered to them
> ?
>
> Regards
>
> Pascal

They don't want software development, they just want to buy a box.

I was thinking: Octave already earns commissions on sells of its printed
manual:
<http://www.network-theory.co.uk/octave/manual/>
It seems within reach to bundle it up with a USB drive containing
pre-compiled binaries (plus source code), print the Support Options webpage,
encase everything in a nice package, and put a price tag on it, in the range
of a few hundred dollars.  No need to offer anything else.

In typical businesses, there's hard-earned well-deserved revenue, and then
there's easy money.  Imagine if Apple would only sell its iPhone to
non-impulsive buyers...

-F.