Re: mxe-octave cross-build errors when building native-gcc

From: John D
Subject: Re: mxe-octave cross-build errors when building native-gcc
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:52:15 -0500

Message: 6
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:45:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

John Donoghue-2 wrote
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:41:30 -0800 (PST)
> From: PhilipNienhuis &lt;

> pr.nienhuis@

> &gt;

> octave-maintainers@

> Subject: mxe-octave cross-build errors when building native-gcc

> address@hidden

> With mxe-octave
>
> (hg summary:
> parent: 3556:22b42ac3fd68 tip
>  native-gcc: remove unintended changes to native-gcc.mk from cs
> b1ca68ddd02c)
> <snip>
> I also didn't manage to get gl2ps included in the build (reported
> earlier); checking the various related files didn't yield any clues why.
> Now, based on your analysis of native-gcc behavior, it occurs to me
> that I do not have gl2ps installed on that Mageia system itself, so
> I'm wondering if similar mechanisms occur as with native-gcc (i.e.,
> mxe is trying to pull in gl2ps stuff from the host build system but
> fails as it isn't there in my case). A check could be installing gl2ps
> on Mageia and then rebuilding mxe-octave with my "old" mxe-octave build
chain.

Just tried that (with older mxe build chain), didn't help.
I'm at a loss why gl2ps doesn't get included in the build.

Philip
---
I tried moving system gl2ps headers on my box to simulate not installed and
it still build fine.
If you run:
rm installed-packages/gl2ps
and then rerun make, does it build gl2ps ?