Re: [Patch] fem-fenics patches

From: c.
Subject: Re: [Patch] fem-fenics patches
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:51:02 +0100

On 5 Mar 2014, at 13:07, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:

> I accept that we want to be consistent with the Python API as far was
> possible and thus have the first form available, but in my opinion, the
> second form is much more consistent with Octave/Matlab, and thus I think
> we should allow it.  After all, fem-fenics is first and foremost an
> Octave package, and not just a "port" of the Python API to support also
> Octave, IMHO.

Actually fem-fenics is and is supposed to be nothing else but a set of
Octave wrappers around the FEnics C++ library functions.

The final goal (actually just a wish for the moment, as we have to
convince the FEnics developers about this) is to have it integrated in
the rest of the FEnics project and distributed together with it.

> I've never used FEniCS in Python before, and it took me
> quite some looking into documentations to figure out how feval was
> supposed to be called;

Did the documentation help?

c.