Re: Package for level-set method?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Re: Package for level-set method?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 12:53:33 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-05-09 12:47, Carnë Draug wrote:
> On 9 May 2014 07:25, Daniel Kraft <address@hidden> wrote:
>> It would be great to have it in Octave Forge -- there are still some
>> things I want to improve over time (in particular, adding mesh building
>> capabilities), but I'd prefer to get it into Octave Forge as soon as
>> possible and then develop there further.
>
> We can add it to Octave Forge no problem. To be released in the Octave
> Forge website there are a few requirements, one of them being that we
> have a clone of the repo in our servers.

I'm fine with that.  In particular, I'd even like to get the "official"
repo to Octave Forge, which is surely better than on my private server.
 With "our servers", do you mean Sourceforge?  Or is the Sourceforge
project just a "mirror"?

> Also, we do not force a specific VCS (but we limit the choice to a
> distributed VCS) but there is a strong bias in favour of hg in Octave.
> With the exception of ltfat (which is a larger project on its own and
> developed elsewhere), all packages are in hg or in the process of
> moving to hg.

As I've just migrated my own things from SVN to Git and am starting to
feel comfortable with Git, I'd prefer to use Git if possible -- but if
you want to have hg, I'd rather use hg than to have the repository not
included with the rest.

Yours,
Daniel

--