Re: optics 0.1.0 released

From: Martin Vogel
Subject: Re: optics 0.1.0 released
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 22:45:37 +0200

Am 10.06.2014 22:18, schrieb Andreas Weber:
> Am 10.06.2014 21:15, schrieb Martin Vogel:
>> cygwin64, and it gave me no error. Will post a fixed .tar.gz file, but
>> to make it right: Anything else missing or wrong?
>
> Hi Martin,
> I just tried to install the optics package to play around and found this
> problem but hadn't time left after debugging.
>
> As I told you some months ago I would like to add zernike polynomials
> for wavefront approximation, plotting on Poincaré sphere, some
> conversion functions (for example jones vector -> SOP) and ray transfer
> matrix analysis (ABCD matrix).
>
> What are your further plans for the optics package?
>
> Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

ok, I'll fix the attributes and we give it another try. Unfortunately,
my linux box is offline at the moment, so testing there is not possible.

With respect to the package and your suggestions, sounds all like a
perfect fit to me. ABCD matrices are definitively on my list; maybe
extended to shifted elements as laid out by Siegman and with application
to Gaussian beams?

I also think about developing some tools for surface based lens design
on the road to rev 1.0, let's see...

Regards,

Martin