Re: undefined compound chaining behavior

From: Hossein Sajjadi
Subject: Re: undefined compound chaining behavior
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:45:23 +0330

> The logic looks buggy.
>
> (1) You've claimed that the c++ rules for evaluation are undefined, and also
> insist that Octave should follow the c++ rules (Octave does not).  You can
> object to the ambiguity of c++, but not of Octave.

Octave is built with the aid of the Bison parser utility.
You can refer to the bison example and my several posts about bison
mfcalc calculator.

> (2) Several developers have pointed out that Octave's parser has its own
> rules for evaluation. You can object that Octave uses rules that are
> different from c++, but cannot object to Octave's rules being undefined.
 Octave's rules of evaluation finally should be converted  with the
aid of the Bison utility, in all of cases behavior is the same.
This is c++ language that makes decision not Octave.