Re: Windows Octave compilation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Windows Octave compilation
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:31:33 -0400

On 07/09/2014 06:20 AM, John D wrote:

Yeah - ghostscript is a new package - I haven’t gotten it to compile
natively yet.

1) change the ghostscript.mk file to not have build-gcc as a dependency, and
add:
ifeq ($(USE_SYSTEM_GCC),no)
     $(PKG)_DEPS     += build-gcc
Endif

I think it was a mistake to include the build-gcc dependency. I checked in a changeset that simply removes the dependency.

2) touch installed-packages/ghostscript

3) You will need a version of ghostscript installed on your computer and
include the pathtoghostscript/bin in your path.

I checked in a series of changes that I needed to get a native build (of everything, not just ghostscript) working on my Debian system again. Maybe some of those changes will help with native mingw builds too? The intent is to build ghostscript on all platforms, not just cross mingw, but that may require a few more changes.

To keep builds on all systems working properly with less pain, I think we need to be doing automatic mxe-octave builds for various types of systems when changes are made so that problems don't go unnoticed for long periods of time. But I don't know where we can run those, or which autobuild system would be best to use.