[MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis / scons

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: [MXE] Building 64-b indexing Windows binary fails at nsis / scons
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:33:04 -0700 (PDT)

>     John W. Eaton wrote
>     On 07/15/2014 01:14 PM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
>     > Is 64-bit indexing possible right away with current mxe-octave?
>
>     It should be.  Have you tried configuring mxe-octave with --enable-64?
>     You'll need to start fresh so that you build a 64-bit GCC and all
>     dependencies are built with that compiler.
>
> No I haven't tried yet (I didn't know mxe-octave was already that far).
> But your message came right on time to initiate a 64-b build tonight
> before going to sleep. Starting soon after clicking "send"....
>
> Tomorrow morning I'll see how far it went. BTW I'm building on a32-b
> Linux, I hope that doesn't spoil the party...

Didn't have to wait long :-(   Build breaks at building nsis:

Failed to build package nsis!
         section *sec=g_sections+x;
                      ^
scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1

and the nsis log says (during build of scons ?), after lots of:

"warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
[-Wint-to-pointer-cast]" :

:
Source/exehead/exec.c:784:47: error: 'GWL_USERDATA' undeclared (first use in
this function)
       SetWindowLong((HWND) GetIntFromParm(0), GWL_USERDATA, (long) c);
:
:
scons: *** [build/release/stub_bzip2/exec.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build-only-nsis] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/philip/devel/octdev/mxe/mxe201407'

Philip