Re: New package

From: Guillermo Moliní
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:37:50 +0200

I am afraid what you want to do is not legally possible.
Please Do NOT post your code here.
c.

What do you mean with not legally possible?
If you mean that cuda is propietary, id say thats true, but im not modifying anything, just making use of the api. There are other examples of opensource libraries that do the same, like http://managedcuda.codeplex.com/

Il 22/lug/2014 13:27 "Guillermo Moliní" <address@hidden> ha scritto:

On 16 Jul 2014, at 10:29, Guillermo Moliní <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have finally made it work, by putting the .dll and .lib files into the /bin folder. In any case, Im going to change it so that it will be compiled during the build process. But I wanted to have a working version before moving on. I have a last question.. Once Im done with the package, is there any procedure to upload it?

You should show your code on this list first, and ask for inclusion in Octave-Forge.
Please make sure you clearly specify the Copyright on the code and the distribution license.

How is it best to send the code for approval? Should I just upload here the .tar.gz so people will be able to have a look at it?
Another thing is, Ive only managed to get it to work on windows. On linux it doesnt seem to be copying the /bin folder, and therefore when the mkoctfile tries to find the library there it doesnt work. Do you have any idea why that could happen? Why is the /bin folder copied in windows but not in linux?

If accepted, ask to create a repository for your package and upload your code there.

finally prepare a release of your package using the procedure described here:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html

in the section "Make a release of your package and publish its function reference".

>  Or just upload it to sourceforge via svn?

Currently it is recomended to use mercurial rather than subversion for new packages.

c.